Go for CCENT or CCNA

AMD_Gamer

Fully [H]
I am trying to decide if I should go for the CCENT or the CCNA all at once? what does the [H] think? what are the benefits of doing the two exam route vs all at once.

The way I tell people is, if you're just starting out, take the two exam path. If you're relatively seasoned, but haven't started on certs yet, go for the single exam.

go for 2 exams. IN the end you will have a CCENT cert and a CCNA. do it

CCNA is more advanced than CCNET so you wouldn't put CCNET and CCNA on a resume. no point in taking it for the purpose of getting both certs.

as Vito_Corleone said, if you have a background then just go for the CCNA.

I only have experience implementing SOHO networks but have zero Cisco hardware/IOS experience. I'm also Network+ certified but I am still going for the two exam route based on the advise I was given (similar to these here).

my ccent expires in april (yeah, i'm a lazy bastard), finally gonna test for CCNA. be careful the path you choose if you are lazy; i don't feel that the CCNA covers dramatically more than the CCENT, though the CCNA is held in much higher regard.

lol on the techexams forums people say you are more hardcore if you do the CCNA.

i think a lot of those people started learning cisco on the forum rather than a classroom :p

Back