• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

gnu grub minimal bash like error. version 1.99 very stuck

errror123

n00b
Joined
Jan 27, 2014
Messages
10
So I tried installing steam OS on a blank harddrive. I think I did something wrong as I was working tired which is never a good idea.

anyway when I boot up the machine it just goes to this same screen. unless I reset the BIOs I can do back to the default MSI bios.

here is a video of my problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNd9Y83qxm8&feature=share&list=UUJ0-9eX4WnEVIdcYCmcOzvw

my machine has no optical drive.
Windows has not been installed on the hard drive what so ever. I have no OS I just want steam os installed.
I do have a usb flash pen in the back of the machine which has steam os on it.

How do I get rid of this grub menu and restore the whole hard drive or just fix whats going wrong??
 
if you unplug the hard drive and try to boot from the USB drive, does that work?
 
Well grub has not been installed properly, and you are getting the crappy grub command promt.

I know this guide says Ubuntu, but grub is grub and I can just make out that you are on grub 1.99
http://tuxers.com/main/instigating-a-manual-boot-from-the-grub-prompt/

EDIT:
I know this does not "fix" all your problems, but it will help you test if you even have an OS to boot.

Another solution is to just install the OS again, you haven't even booted it up once aka. you don't have anything in there to loose.

EDIT EDIT:

I just noticed that you have fixed it, and only mentioned this on youtube.
 
Back
Top