Gmail POP3 Access

burningrave101

[H]F Junkie
Does anyone use Gmail in conjunction with like Outlook Express or another e-mail client? I have seen a few programs that are suppost to give you POP3 access with Gmail but i havn't tried them.

Here is one of them i found in a google search:

http://www.techzonez.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10619

Gmail does have a new Notifier feature that alters you to when you have new messages and you can also set Gmail as your default mail application for use with hyperlinks in Internet Explorer.

http://toolbar.google.com/gmail-helper/

I think there's an Application out there called Pop Goes the Gmail or something like that, it will run between gmail and your Mail browers and parse the mail through.

I wish there was some way to get Gmail working with IMAP. Guess I can't complain too much, though, it's not like I'm paying for it.

There is an extension for Firefox that checks gmail. Then when a new email is found you click the little popup and it auto logs into gmail for you and opens your inbox. I use it. Its nice.

phaelinx said:
There is an extension for Firefox that checks gmail. Then when a new email is found you click the little popup and it auto logs into gmail for you and opens your inbox. I use it. Its nice.

Can you post a link fo this?

phaelinx said:

Thats what the Gmail Notifier tool does. It stays open in your taskbar and checks for new mail regularly. You can click on it to instantly log in to your e-mail as well.

I tried that PGTGM, i keep getting an error when i click on get new emails.. "An unhandled exception has occured in your app. If you click contie, the application will ignore this erro and attempt to continue. if you click qhit, the application will be shut down immediatly.

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: value
   at System.Net.WebHeaderCollection.CheckBadChars(String name, Boolean isHeaderValue)
   at System.Net.WebHeaderCollection.Add(String header)
   at POP_Goes_the_Gmail.clsMailHandler.DownloadData(String sURL, String sReferer, String sCookie, String sExtraHeaders, String sPOSTData, WebClient& wWebclient)
   at POP_Goes_the_Gmail.clsMailHandler.RefreshMessageList()
   at POP_Goes_the_Gmail.frmTray.CheckMails(Object sState)
   at POP_Goes_the_Gmail.frmTray.mnuMMCheck_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItemData.Execute()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Forms.NotifyIcon.WndProc(Message& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NotifyIconNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
    Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2032
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
POP Goes the Gmail
    Assembly Version: 1.0.1648.40866
    Win32 Version: 1.0.1648.40866
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/N3RD/Desktop/Dannys%20Folder/Files/POP%20Goes%20the%20Gmail.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 7.0.5000.0
    Win32 Version: 7.10.6001.4
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/microsoft.visualbasic/7.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/microsoft.visualbasic.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.xml/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.xml.dll
Org.Mentalis.Security
    Assembly Version: 1.0.13.701
    Win32 Version: 1.0.13.701
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/N3RD/Desktop/Dannys%20Folder/Files/Org.Mentalis.Security.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this
application or machine (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
rather than being handled by this dialog.

Back