Gmail Glitch Buries Emails From Google Competitors

HardOCP News

[H] News
Gmail filtering its competitors is an accident? It's a glitch? Riiiight. :D

Messages from actual human being are also getting routed into the “Social” bucket, it seems — at least if those human beings happen to work at other social media companies. Since I’ve started using the new inbox, I’ve had emails from friends at Foursquare and LinkedIn end up in Social purgatory.

My understanding is you just drag and drop the e-mail into the correct bucket to teach the filter that it went in the wrong place.

Glitch? Googles just helping you decide that those really aren't your friends.

Well, to be honest, from all GMail users how many actually has contacts working at one of big social network companies. Probably even 1% would be an overestimation. It works fine for 99% of customers and it can be "fine tuned" for the rest.

If people who work at Facebook want their emails to be seen, they can pay $100 to promote them.

Simple. :)

Odd, I never though of linked-in as being a social network competitor of google. I've never seen people are posting pictures of their breakfast or kids birthday on linked-in.

I am absolutely loving the new inbox.

Same..

Glitch?

You mean features..

No ****.

Glitch? Googles just helping you decide that those really aren't your friends.

LOL.

Ona serious note, it's a friggin' sorting feature which you can tell how to sort! I don't want social crap in my primary inbox, I want it in social, where I will check it out when I want. The new mail sorting is GREAT and I couldn't be happier.

Back