• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Glossy 24" IPS?

JeroenD

n00b
Joined
Aug 5, 2012
Messages
58
Is there any decent new glossy/glass monitor out at the moment?

I want to hook up my macbook retina when I come home, right now I have a dell with AG coating but I rather get something glossy/glass.
 
24" is sort of weird in the IPS world. There are limited light coated 24"ers, and basically no glossy ones (that I am aware of). You can find 23" and 27" IPS in glossy ... but 24" is a pain to find.

The only glossy one that I know if is the older 24" Apple cinema display. But even used, it costs around $400-$500.

There is the 24" Samsung PLS semiglossy (which has bleed issues) and Dell makes a 24" S series glossy that is AMVA. But I am not sure of anything else. If you can live with AMVA limitations and aren't a big gamer, it at least is affordable, so it may be worth checking out. Or just pick a different size ... there are several 27" IPS displays out that are glossy.
 
The only glossy one that I know if is the older 24" Apple cinema display. But even used, it costs around $400-$500.

Avoid that model. They break down often (too often, always more blowing out back-lights) , have zero configuration options, and have a loud obnoxious fan running at all times.
 
Back
Top