Globalwin SilentStream on 64 300+

sK8z

n00b
hey guys i foudn a little WC kit for cheap(globalwin silentstream) and im debating on using it in my new build. im throwing together a s754 3000+ on a DFi board and im probably going to do a bit of oc'ing. my original plan was to go with a jhomebrew WC sedtup, bu ti since decided to go with air until i can get a new case and the WC gear i want.
i can get it for around 100cdn, should i get it for now or go with air cooling until i get the new case. the other thing i was thinking is that if i get it now i can use it later in an HTPC

ive seen some reviews and some go one way while others go the other.... the one consistant thing is that ill have to lap the hell outa the base but thats fun ;)

any suggestions would be great...

those 5-1/4 bay kits are often very poor performance...just get a decent aircooling loop until you get your new case. It's better being safe than sorry when it comes to cooling

WC is not cheap, with a small amount of saving, it can be very affordable, but it's not "oh I got some change after taking this cute chick to the movies, lets buy a watercooling rig!" kinda cheap...just save up. $100 and some elbow grease will get you a basic starter rig of a OK block, a via aqua pump (it will do, but it would be better to spend a bit more), and a heatercore of some flavor. If you up it to $150, you can get a finished heatercore, a solid pump, and possibly a better block...but even an OK block in a loop like that will be a nice gain over what an aircooling rig will do.

Back