Globalsign vs Verisign

Anyone using these guys for security certificates? They're pricing out at a huge discount to Verisign, and offer much better control.

Budgets are tough, so I think there's some real savings here. They claim same root strength and ubiquity...

Anyone have any info?

zv

what kind of deals are Verisign given ?

As far as root cert ubiquity goes, i mean it doesn't get anymore ubiquitous than Verisign, really. But one of the main reasons i always stayed away was price.

Which makes me curious to know what kind deals are you looking at for what kind of cert ?

A standard certificate at Verisign is like $700 for 256bit encryption, with the same ubiquity. Global sign's offer is $200 for the same cert, although I can use one certificate for multiple servers, which on Verisign it's 1 : 1.

He also said the root strength is 2048 rather than Verisign's 1024.

Little bit of research I've done shows these guys are huge in Europe and Asia. New to US.

Anyone else have any experience?

What are you using it for? GoDaddy has something like 30 bucks or something ridiculously cheap if you're just wanting domain verification so users don't get the warnings.

Necro thread alert!

I will bump this because I just spoke to a guy at GlobalSign and I need a certificate for my Exchange 2003 server.

Anyone had any experiences with GlobalSign? It seems like a good deal.

What are you using it for? Like Techi said, Go daddy has then for 29.99 a year for a basic ssl cert

I just talked with a buddy who use to be an exchange admin. He said GlobalSign was his cert vendor of choice just because they allow you all the bits and pieces of exchange cert and the 2048 encryption. I'm probably going to be heading over there soon after my current cert expries

Bits and pieces meaning auto discover and owa?

Thats easy to do with a go daddy cert, and much cheaper

I'll only be using it for OWA with Exchange 2003. Right now there is a self signed certificate that I want to replace with a signed one.

Sounds like godaddy would be fine? I have no idea how autodiscover works, and I think I need to figure it out, because some folks here get an autodiscover message that pops up in Outlook.

Auto discover is a exchange 2007 feature.

For 2003 OWA, you will be 100% ok with a godaddy cert

Back