Global script to mount SMB share

UncleDavid218

2[H]4U
Hey guys,

I have about 30 Mac boxes in a Windows AD environment running OS X 10.5 and 10.6. All users (about 200) have a documents folder on the DC (\\DC\Users\%username%) with proper permissions to those folders. I can manually connect to the SMB share but since they often log into different workstations (it's a school) it would be ideal to have some sort of global script that just mounts the \\DC\Users folder. From there they can go to their username and access any data (permissions are setup so they couldn't access each others' files).

How can this be accomplished? I know there is some software that is out there but it would be thousands of dollars to implement. It seems like there is a quicker/easier solution. Worst case scenario I write instructions that each user can access through an internal website to connect to their individual SMB shares... but that just seems a little cumbersome.

I kind of got thrown into this last minute otherwise I'd have planned it out better...

I've reached out to some other people and basically they haven't been able to get this to work without specialized software. I just figured I'd turn to the [H] to see what you all have to say about the matter...

Back