Global Amazon Outage?

HardOCP News

[H] News
C|Net says that there is a global Amazon outage but everything seems fine for me. Amazon up and working for you guys?

Two customer service agents told CNET the worldwide outage is a "known issue" and that the company's technical support team is working on it. One agent attributed the problems to servers being down, while another said the issues are because Amazon is upgrading its site. Both said the outage, which started at about 10 a.m. PT, could last for several hours but should be resolved later Tuesday.

Ok never mind. I CAN place an order now, but it was failing to work most of the day.

Works fine here. My order of AcoustiFeet anti-vibration pads are on the way.

Damn that irritating HDD vibration that is resonates through my PC's wooden TV stand, and is amplified via an empty shelf that acts as some sort of soundbox of annoyingness.

Dem first-world problems.

Netflix had an outage earlier today, and I found this site, which has a really neat tracking page for website outages:

http://downdetector.com/

You can see the spikes for Amazon, Netflix, and a few other services. That's a brilliant way to see in a few seconds if a site outage is an isolated event or related to a service outage.

I wish there was a button you could press so certain sites on that page go down FOREVER.

Back