Giving up on HTPC sale (Quality parts but no more patience)

FatBastard

Limp Gawd
Prices now DO NOT include shipping.

Everything is about a year old but has VERY VERY VERY little use. I have tried on 4 or 5 occasions over the past year to get everything perfect, but I just don't want to deal with tweaking any more. The system is NOT wife friendly (enough), and I just want it to go away.

Will consider offers. Also, will sell MB\Ram\Proc for 125$ packaged.

The parts:
Intel D865Perl mother board ($30)
Intel P4-2.4Cghz 800fsb w/ Intel HS\fan ($85)
1x512mb PC3200 Centon DDR Ram ($25)
Sony DVD DRU510-A Burner ($25)
120gb Western Digital HD (OEM with no labels\warranty) ($30)
Microsoft Media Center 2005 ($75)
ATI eHome Wonder ($35)
ATI HDTV Wonder with Antenna, breakout cable and Remote ($85)
Nvidia 6600GT 256mb AGP video card. ($125)

Other Items for sale:

Antec 2U26ATX300XPR 2u server chassis: $50 plus shipping
Handles
2U Riser Card (2xpci+1xagp)
300W Antec PSU

2x Thermalright SK-6 Copper Heatsink (Socket A/370). $25 each shipped
Have mounting wires for standard 60x60x25 and 60x60x38 fans. (I am missing one holding wire for 60x60x38 fan, so first to purchase gets complete set) I also have a 25mm YSTech (NFD126025BB-2F) highflow fan for first to purchase.

Also have essentially new: (prices are to cheap to include shipping)
Linksys Gigiabit Ethernet Card $10
CD\DVD Combo (black bezel) $20
Floopy (black bezel) $10
Diamond Viper V770 32mb AGP Video Card $10

I am verified and confirmed on Paypal:

Seller Reputation: (39) Verified Buyers
Account Status: Verified
Account Type: US Premier
Account Creation Date: Feb. 9, 2000
PayPal Member For: 6 years 16 days

My ebay id: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=dstima

and heatware: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=39865

As you can tell, I have been using eBay and Paypal for a lot longer than heatware. I didn't find out about it until less than a year ago.

All prices do NOT include shipping (thus the second sentence in my post).

According to info provided under Device Manager, the HD is a WD1200BB-53CAA0 http://www.westerndigital.com/en/products/products.asp?DriveID=12&Language=en

In a nutshell, its a 7200rpm drive with 2mb cache.

The case is a BLACK Ahanix D.Vine D5. http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2005/09/19/Ahanix_D_Vine_D5_/1.html

The power supply brand IS SilenX 300W PSU. http://www.silenx.com/psu_plus_30.asp#

References are: heatware and eBay ids= "dstima"

oh crap sorry!

i meant delete my post! not the thread. my bad... I wrote that the original poster should try ffdshow, more ram and a faster cpu ... to upconvert to hd quality (while also using dvi if not rgb)... but then i edited and did not know how to delete my thread.

OH...now that last post makes sense!! ;)

Yeah, the specs on the PC are pretty decent. Outputing "HD" is also not an issue as the problems I have appear on my monitor way before I even try screwing around with fddshow or Powerstrip. I have a feeling yet another ground up install is necessary....and I have just had enough. If the pc doesn' t sell, I MAY try it one more time with the latest and greatest drives. As it is, a 3ghz should be more than enough for a HTPC. And for what it's worth, I did try 1gb of ram, but that didn't help anything. It really boils down to shitty Microsoft programming or crappy ATI drivers. (probably both). :mad:

Bump, and subscribed because of the Reserator. This is the blue one, right? How's the condition?

Also, you said it comes with two VGA blocks. Is one of them suitable for chipset mounting?

If it comes with all three major cooling blocks (CPU, chipset, and VGA), I'll take it once I get my paycheck next week (the 16th).

Ahanix D.Vine 5 case with VFD (usb and serial cables), remote and SilenX 300W PS ($150 parted out)

I'll take this, as soon as you are willing to part it. I have paypal standing by....YGPM :)

Reserator is Blue. I will be honest, it is not in the BEST shape. Few dings and dents...but it works perfectly as I recently replaced the pump. (Zalman sent me a new one upon request).

They provide two VGA blocks, one for Nvidia and one for ATI cards. While I have never tried to use on for the Northbrige, I don't see why it wouldn't work AS LONG AS YOU HAVE HOLES in the motherboard. Retaining clips would not work without some kind of rigging.

To everyone..I am going to tear down the system this week and will give the "system" to the end of the week to sell as a whole. After that, I will box things up this weekend and have them ready to ship on Monday of next week.

Replied to all PM's.

If I get just a little more interest in a couple items, I may just part it out and have it shipped Friday. I'll give it two more days.

Also, I believe I have the original boxes for the case, video card, motherboard, and CPU.

Cool! In that case, would you mind setting aside the Reserator for me till next week?

Sent PM's to all interested parties either for zipcode request or shipping amount. If you didn't get one PLEASE PM ME so I can get you a shipped price.

Thx,
Fat

Case is sold.

HDTV card is back up for sale.

Two people interested in Reserator.

The rest is up for grabs as well.

Changed listing to only parts. Also FOUND (and installed) video card heatsink when I got the original box out of the closet. Man I am smart!! :D

Reserator and case both sold\shipped.

Will make all prices SHIPPED if that helps move items.

Back