giveaway: Antec EarthWatts EA430W Power Supply

lassiterb

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - June 2009
This is a new Antec EarthWatts EA430 power supply that was pulled from a new Antec case that I decided to use a different power supply in. It has 1 PCIE connector. If you are folding for the [H]orde and you can make use of this to help your folding efforts then put your name in the pot.

Rules:
1 entry per person. MUST show your badge, MUST be an active folder.
Ships via cheapest shipping possible (hey its a giveaway don't complain)
Must enter by 8:00am CST April 27, 2009, I will pick a winner after that.

Update: and the winner is........ gwarren007, congrats!

Last edited:
OOO, sounds great, i'm in, just blew my second rig's on tuesday lol, cut me about 6k PPD

Could really use this for my secondary rig (E2180, HD2600XT). Currently using an Antec Basiq 350w that's running on borrowed time. :(

oh heck yeah.. i could really use this thing in my athlon 64 3200+ clawhammer.. trying to reach 3.8ghz on water but my old arse ultra 485w psu has a problem with the 12V rail and craps out on me when i load up the processor(12v rail drops to 11.15v when under load).. and yes the system would be used for folding/and or WCG..

Will definatly put my name in the ring, my second rig is on its way out!

Folding 4 The Cure!

Since I'm kinda back from the [H]ardfolding dead, I'll throw my name in the pot, just for kicks. ;)

Ax

Not in, just wanted to say the [H]orde spirit is strong!

Same as Kendrak, not in, but thanks to lassiterb and the others who have kindly donated their spare hardware for the [H]orde.

I could put this in my HTPC and use it to fold too.
Im in.

I got a box that needs a psu to get back up and running and [F]olding for the [H]orde

Wow!

Very generous!

Thanks for the nice PSU!

Don't enter me in the contest... just posting to say a big THANKS!

LOL @ monkey/3D

no, this is great tho, great call out to folders, wonder if we could use things like this to recruit back [H] folders?

LOL @ monkey/3D

no, this is great tho, great call out to folders, wonder if we could use things like this to recruit back [H] folders?

Not a bad idea, i would be willing to do an incentive giveaway to someone to get them to start folding. I've got a couple more of these same power supplies. Any idea about the best way to go about it?

it was just an idea
maybe get kyle to put a call on the front page for old folders that went inac to come back for a raffle. We'd have to make sure they have some with H, because some could come in just for the PSU then leave, at least with old folders we'd be fairly sure theyd use it for folding

someone needs to talk to kyle/steve anyways so we can get things on the front page because
1) H is losing grounds to these mega folders and it would be nice to get some inacs back
2) the CC is coming fast

Just started, but in for the long haul... I'd appreciate a PSU to slap into another box for sure.

If no one else enters by tomorrow then I may end the giveaway early and go ahead and pick a winner. Last chance to get your name in the hat.

Just thought I'd withdraw my name from the official giveaway, and let some other deserving [H]ardFolder get in on the goodness. I'm glad to be back folding, but don't feel that I should compete with someone else who probably needs it more and can use it to ramp up the [H]orde's PPD with. :)

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Oo. I'm in! :) I could use this for an almost done machine. It's just going to be a simple server and F@H (duh!)

A winner has been picked and notified. I will post the winner after I hear back from them.

Winner was chosen the old fashion way. I put all the names on individual folded pieces of paper and put them in an empty can, shook it up, then pulled one out.

Congratulations gwarren007!!

..and thanks a heep big much to lassiterb for the giveaway!!

[F]old|[H]ard!

Back