• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

GIMP 2.0 - open source image editor

i'll give it a try. though i was never very impressed with the previous version.
 
I really want to try this program but I dont quite understand how they are wanting you to install it.

I didnt see anything that had a .exe extension.
 
Originally posted by ozziegn
I really want to try this program but I dont quite understand how they are wanting you to install it.

I didnt see anything that had a .exe extension.

http://www.gimp.org/windows/

www.gimp.org only distributes the source code follow the first link on the above page and you can get an installer from the looks of it - haven't tried it yet though
 
Originally posted by Gem
http://www.gimp.org/windows/

www.gimp.org only distributes the source code follow the first link on the above page and you can get an installer from the looks of it - haven't tried it yet though

thanks for the info. I got it installed.

for the lazy people (like me) who dont feel like fishing for stuff. Just D/L the first link (extract it) then D/L the second link and run the .EXE program and thats it.

http://files.akl.lt/Grafika_Foto/GIMP/gtk+-2.2/gtk+-2.2.4-20040124-setup.zip

http://files.akl.lt/Grafika_Foto/GIMP/gimp-2.0/gimp-2.0.0-i586-setup.zip
 
It's a nice alternative to Photoshop if you have no $. Otherwise Photoshop still owns.
 
got it tried it..it sux. in the Windows version at least

the interface is unintuitive, tools and buttons are not in any kind of logical order. i wish there was a way to have an integrated window instead of toolbars scattered all over my desktop that easily get hidden by other folders.

file handling is terrible. Just opening a file for editing is a chore, as the file browser is not integrated with Windows explorer.

showstopping bugs. several times when i tried to use a button or tool i end up getting a DOS type window that says some type of error occured, or the particular function is not supported or not completed, or there is no documentation, etc.. then the entire app will simply close, hosing all my work.

i applaud them for the effort, but a crappy app is a crappy app..even if it's free.
 
Back
Top