• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

gigaworks s750 sub replace?

rougeqc21

n00b
Joined
Oct 6, 2006
Messages
43
Hey everyone, I have a question to some of you system modders regarding a gigaworks s750 system.

my sub blew, and I was wondering, instead of sending it for repair, could I replace the sub with a car audio sub or something other than the stock unit. If anyone has done anything like this, I would appreciate details, and sub models used. It seems feasable? Thanks for the advice :)
 
I've done this with a set of acustic authority speakers i had, The only advice i can really give you is:
1. Try to get a sub with the same impedence as the original, or else you're going to need to put a fan on the amp heatsink. (Which is what I did. And the speakers still work perfectly to this day.)
2. Try to get a sub with a similar volume recommendation to the volume of your box.
3. Get a sub with at least the same RMS power as the original.
Hope this helps.
 
alright well on that note, I cannot find any details on the sub creative uses and they wont disclose that information over the phone. so back to ground zero - anyone done this before?


also does anyone have experience with the m-audio bx8a's studio monitors? how do they sound from coputer sources. I have laptop with a audigy 2 zs
 
Back
Top