• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Gigaworks S750 problem

Basheron

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 31, 2004
Messages
116
I haven't been able to turn on my Gigaworks S750 for awhile now, I'm pretty pissed, cause I paid a lot of money for these speakers. Grandted they worked great for 5 years, but for the kind of money they went for you'd expect more. The power light jsut pulses...anyone diagnose this problem?
 
In all likelihood, it can be fixed - with a soldering iron. But if you've tried the usual stuff like turning it on and off again, unplugging it for a few minutes, etc...it's probably not something you can diagnose beyond opening it up for repair.
 
It's probably a worn out relay, but I would have no idea as to which one...I've looked online and a lot of people seem to have similar problems, might just have to drop it off at an AV repair shop.
 
First ask how much they charge. It might be easier/cheaper for you to just get a 7.1 receiver and a subwoofer and just use the existing gigaworks speakers. AV repair shops in my area anyway, charge a ton.
 
Go to the creative website and search the forums. I remember reading something about the amp in the subwoofer, It might be a bad capacitor. Do not look for creative or their soundworks division to help you at all if you are out of warranty. I do know that it is suggested after the unit is repaired to mount an external fan on the outside of the amp to help keep it cool.

Jason
 
Back
Top