• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Gigaworks S700 vs.....

Justinkoko

Gawd
Joined
Aug 28, 2002
Messages
824
I just salvaged Sony home theater system from my garage...and I thought..

Currently owns:
Creative Gigaworks S700 with X-Fi XtremeMusic

Planning to get:

Front: Insignia™ Model: NS-B2111 Bookshelf Speakers
Center: Sony Home Theater grade speaker 5 years old
Rear: Sony Home Theater grade speakers 5 years old
Sub-woofer: Anything that's modern $100-150 suggestion?
Receiver: Sony STR-SE391 5 years old..

" * Audio-video (AV) receiver: STR-SE391
* Stereo mode power output: 100 watts x 2 (40 to 20,000 Hz, both channels driven into 8 ohms, THD 0.5 percent)
* Surround mode power output: 80 watts x 5 (all channels driven into 8 ohms at 1000 Hz, 0.8 percent THD)
* Analog audio inputs: 3 (including 5.1-channel inputs)
* Analog audio outputs: 1 (stereo RCA), subwoofer out
* AV inputs: 2
* AV outputs: 2
* Surround effects: Dolby Pro Logic decoding, other digital signal processing sound fields including Virtual Dolby Surround
* Remote control: Yes
* Rear-channel stereo: Yes
* AC outlets: 1
* Headphone jack: Yes (1/4-inch phono)
* Speaker selector: A, B, A+B
* Tuner preset channels: 30 FM/AM
* Auto-tuning: Yes
* Direct tuning: Yes
* Receiver dimensions: 17 by 5.5 by 11.5 inches "




Planning on connecting this receiver to my X-Fi via analong wires..

Will this setup outperform my current Gigaworks setup? Is the difference worth doing it? (I can save about $100 by selling my Gigaworks..)

Link for the whole Sony home theater system
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Mostly because I'm trying to recycle my stuff..

I just happened to find Sony Home Theater set today and I wondered how it would fare if I invested in better front speakers..

So it'd sound better right?
 
For sure, you'll get much better sound out of that system, especially if you pick up some towers for front spearkers. You'll get a much more compelete sound than a sub/sat computer system.
 
Or you could just use your current Gigas and hook up the Insignias up front. I think that would be a better solution and a CHEAPER one at that.

That's what I would do.
 
Back
Top