• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Gigabyte X800XT fan ?

Budzman

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 9, 2001
Messages
1,035
I got my gigabyte x800xt. I tried to overclock the core and all i can get to is 510. Games crash if I go higher. I was looking at the fan and noticed it only runs at its slow speed even when running games. When my comp first starts up it runs at high speed till windows boots up so I know that fan can run faster.

Is there a problem with the card that is making the cooling fan on it only run at low speeds? Also are there any good alternate cooling options for this card?
 
download ATi Tool, go to setting / fan control and set it dynamic based control and add your specific temp/speed settings, my x800xt runs 10c cooler just by me telling the fan what i want it to do :)
 
Budzman said:
I got my gigabyte x800xt. I tried to overclock the core and all i can get to is 510. Games crash if I go higher. I was looking at the fan and noticed it only runs at its slow speed even when running games. When my comp first starts up it runs at high speed till windows boots up so I know that fan can run faster.

Is there a problem with the card that is making the cooling fan on it only run at low speeds? Also are there any good alternate cooling options for this card?

When I got mine I noticed the heatsink does not even touch the memory chips at all, I got the ATI Silencer 4 and I am running my card at 526 / 1120 with not problems and it runs about 8c cooler than with the stock cooler. For $29 the ATI Silencer is worth every penny and I think my friend you need to get one for your card and it takes about 15 minutes to install.

:) :p :D
 
Back
Top