Gigabyte X570 master error code 62

vegeta535

[H]F Junkie
So I just installed a new wb on my EVGA 3080 ftw 3 and everything worked fine most the day. It just rebooted mining. Temps and everything were in 40s under load the entire time. After it rebooted I get no post with a error code 62 on the board. Manuel says installation of PCH services. I am guessing the gpu went boom. I did get it too post once trying something but nothing since.

Last edited:
So you have reseated the card itself and not just the power cables right? I really can't think of anything else except resetting the bios to see if it clears. I feel that's a shot in the dark. *without extra parts*

So you have reseated the card itself and not just the power cables right? I really can't think of anything else except resetting the bios to see if it clears. I feel that's a shot in the dark. *without extra parts*
Yea I reseated the card and cables. I did notice the lock tab doesn't engage with the block on. I held it in there while booted and still nothing.a

Yea I reseated the card and cables. I did notice the lock tab doesn't engage with the block on. I held it in there while booted and still nothing.a

On the power cables are any of them red (where it plugs into the card)? The card should always lock though.

On the power cables are any of them red (where it plugs into the card)? The card should always lock though.
I don't see any lights on. Card did lock in without the block but I can't get to lock with it on.

I'll get another card to test tomorrow. This annoys me cause everything was perfectly fine all day.

I don't see any lights on. Card did lock in without the block but I can't get to lock with it on.

Have you tried a different pcie slot?

So for clarification for someone else who might have an idea.

1. Put a water block on it (since then it won't full insert into the pcie slot)
2. mined on it for a day at which point it restarted, then it showed error 62
3. tried reseating cables and card into the slot
4. sadness

Have you tried a different pcie slot?

So for clarification for someone else who might have an idea.

1. Put a water block on it (since then it won't full insert into the pcie slot)
2. mined on it for a day at which point it restarted, then it showed error 62
3. tried reseating cables and card into the slot
4. sadness
I can't try another slot atm once I don't have slack on the tubing. I'll try that tomorrow and if not I'll get another card to test tomorrow. This annoys me cause everything was perfectly fine all day. I was going to start up cyberpunk too for the first time tonight also.

Yea it is the gpu 🥺.now what too do? RMA it to evga or take it back to MC.

That's kind of up to you. As you have a microcenter it's easier to get one at mc than other places. That doesn't exactly make it easy though. For me, it's an easy answer, rma it. I don't have any microcenters, lol.

Also :cry:

That's kind of up to you. As you have a microcenter it's easier to get one at mc than other places. That doesn't exactly make it easy though. For me, it's an easy answer, rma it. I don't have any microcenters, lol.

Also :cry:
I only have a couple days to return it to MC. I am worried that EVGA will denied the warranty since I took it apart. It went back togather ok but I tore up the puddy stuff they used. Nothing on the board jumped out on me as damaged when I took the block off. All the pads and stuff looked like good contact. Could of just been a dud of a card I guess.

I put it in my system after putting it back together and it made it past code 62 but still no display. Reboot and started getting 62 again. Fans and everything spin on the gpu. Guess I will RMA it. It would cost me more to take it back to MC since all prices went up and who knows how long before I can get another ftw 3.

Any capacitors under the gpu block? Edit: I mean, on the mb, not on the gpu, in case that wasn't obvious.

Long shot maybe but what MB are you using, and is the BIOS recent?
X570 master with f32. That was the newest one at the time.

Any capacitors under the gpu block? Edit: I mean, on the mb, not on the gpu, in case that wasn't obvious.
Nope. It just won't clip in. Might of been the cause possibly? Could shifted and fried something. Pci-e slot is fine cause computer works with a old BFG 8800 GTS I managed to dig out.

And this is why I haven't tried putting a block on my XC3 yet... despite the fact that finding a pre-blocked card has been almost impossible so far :(

And this is why I haven't tried putting a block on my XC3 yet... despite the fact that finding a pre-blocked card has been almost impossible so far :(
Idk if it was anything to do with the block installation. When I took it apart everything looked like it made good contact. I stress tested and mined on it all day with no issues. No artifacts or anything. Temps didn't even hit 50c under full load. Granted it was a pita too do.

Idk if it was anything to do with the block installation. When I took it apart everything looked like it made good contact. I stress tested and mined on it all day with no issues. No artifacts or anything. Temps didn't even hit 50c under full load. Granted it was a pita too do.
Yeah, but if something does go wrong, warranty can be all kinds of fun

Yeah, but if something does go wrong, warranty can be all kinds of fun
It does worry me. Evga suppose to allow wb installs. Right now they are being a pita. I just been going around and around in circles with their stupid support ticket system to get a rma.

Back