Gigabyte x470 gaming ultra... No PBO?

Digital Viper-X-

[H]F Junkie
I ended up with this and a Ryzen 5 2600.. now the kicker is I can't find PBO anywhere in the bios, and I can't set it with Ryzen Master either! wtf :( I'm on the latest bios as well.

Anyone have info on how to get this working :D?

while googling about this, I did see people saying that pushing it to 4.2 it will out perform pbo. not sure if youre overclocking or not but you should be, this is [H]! ;)

Lol, it's my sons computer (he's 7) and on the stock heatsink, I was looking for a wraith prism for it, if I find it I'll at least set it to 4.1 and let it roll :D

Lol, it's my sons computer (he's 7) and on the stock heatsink, I was looking for a wraith prism for it, if I find it I'll at least set it to 4.1 and let it roll :D
no better time to get the little bugger into PCs, pass the torch! :) but with the wraith it might be best to set it and forget it. its decent but im not sure 4+ decent. personally haven't used the big wraith one though, only the mid sized ones.

no better time to get the little bugger into PCs, pass the torch! :) but with the wraith it might be best to set it and forget it. its decent but im not sure 4+ decent. personally haven't used the big wraith one though, only the mid sized ones.

The wraith prism is on par with $40 heatsink units :p

That's the plan, get him into it early, though right now he only cares about minecraft... ;) lol

Last edited:

Just dont let him become dependent and addicted. So many kids are socially inept and have much lower IQ and problem solving skills because of dependency on computers to be their brain all the time.

For sure, he has limits to play time on the computer, more so, he has to spend some time reading, or learning something new. I'll have him making games by 10! :p

Just dont let him become dependent and addicted. So many kids are socially inept and have much lower IQ and problem solving skills because of dependency on computers to be their brain all the time.
I have seen some effects on adults and their phones where they become so indoctrinated that they need to respond to their phone even when playing basketball. And that person has no affiliation with computers whatsoever.

I have seen some effects on adults and their phones where they become so indoctrinated that they need to respond to their phone even when playing basketball. And that person has no affiliation with computers whatsoever.

Yup... its worse for kids who are pumped all day long full of digital dopamine.

I have a Wraith Prisim I am not using, pm me if you are interested.

Oh wow, I had to share time on the family amstrad (for you younger [H]rs it's a dual cassette tape deck PC ) under supervision if I wanted to game at that age! Lucky bugger.. you're an awesome dad! Cheers

Oh wow, I had to share time on the family amstrad (for you younger [H]rs it's a dual cassette tape deck PC ) under supervision if I wanted to game at that age! Lucky bugger.. you're an awesome dad! Cheers

Yup, same, as a kid I had to share the 486... But no one cared to learn how or wanted to use it . Eventually i thought my older sister how to use the word processing software we had

Reactions: N4CR
like this
I haven't read all the thread but my x399 Gigabyte Aorus extreme has PBO My 2950X is using it.

Update, Picked up wraith prism, cuz why not :) maybe i'll try for 4ghz on this puppy with it.

20181219_004708.jpg

Back