Gigabyte RMA

movax

2[H]4U
So, I've decided to cut meh losses and RMA my DS3 and sell the one I get back (decided to go with a P5NE32, always wanted to try a NV chipset) and my question to the folks here are:

1. Does Gigabyte really care that much about the CPU socket cover being there? The reason I'm RMA'ing the board is because I don't think you're supposed to *hear* power being filtered, and it won't POST on a multi past 6x. (E6420).
2. Probably a relatively speedy turn around, and you get a new/refurb board, or a repaired one back? Should I send the IO shield in too?

You get back what you send. Hold onto your accessories, since they're not responsible for the loss of such things.

You'll get either a repaired board, or a new or refurbished board, depending on what they decide.

You get back what you send. Hold onto your accessories, since they're not responsible for the loss of such things.

You'll get either a repaired board, or a new or refurbished board, depending on what they decide.

Ahkay. All I have is the IO Shield, so I guess I'll hang on to that and send the mobo only back. Do they cross-ship/give you shipping credit of any sort? I don't really mind paying for it that much, I'm just trying to keep this as low-cost as possible.

2. Probably a relatively speedy turn around, and you get a new/refurb board, or a repaired one back? Should I send the IO shield in too?

In my two experiences with Gigabyte RMA, you've got to fight them for a month to get your stuff back and you probably won't be getting back a functional product. (But maybe that's just my bad luck)

In my two experiences with Gigabyte RMA, you've got to fight them for a month to get your stuff back and you probably won't be getting back a functional product. (But maybe that's just my bad luck)

Urgh, that's part of the reason I hate RMAs. :( I've had about an even amount of good/bad expieriences, but I really want to get rid of the DS3 before Bearlake so I can recoup most of my purchase price. :(

Hmm, how long does it take for them to shoot you a RMA #? Everyone else I've dealt with gets you one the same day or so. I wonder where their US operations are...probably CA.

Hmm, just wondering if anyone who has done this received a phone # or some other form of contact other than their retarded RMA form. They still haven't issued me a RMA #, so I need to actually call Gigabyte now or send in another RMA request or similar I guess.

What's the rev on your DS3? I'm paranoid about my rev 1.0.

Yeah, mine's a 1.0.

@BigBadBiologist, thanks for the link, I'll be giving 'em a call later tonight after I get back from work. This entire upgrading PC deal has been one pain after another, from waiting on missing parts (Sure, we'll send you the parts! just give us your address...*send address*, and then hear NOTHING.) to getting DOA stuff. Grrrrrawawgh.

I keep telling people to not buy the DS3 but people are still recommending it as the #1 board. I am on my second DS3 and it's still shit.

Yeah, read my E6600 Woes thread with 10 pages - I'm the expert on why the DS3 is crap. :)

I got my DFI 956-S and it's amazing, fantastic motherboard... getting oc's I couldnt dream of with the DS3.

From what i have seen 99% of the DS3's complaints are overclocking related making all of those complaints nothing more whining and does not relate to the boards quality 1 little bit.

No company guarantees anything other than running stock without issue and so far i have yet to see 1 complaint besides this thread that is legitimate.

Jesus looking at the complaints lately just bugs the shit out of me all you see is "My processor only overclocks to 3.4GHZ what a piece of shit" or "XXX cheap board has a wall of 440 FSB i want an RMA". Come one people get real anything over stock is a freebie and some people here are starting to act like its how the product should perform every time no matter what for almost no money.

I mean the board is $100 what exactly do some of these cheap asses expect out of it?

You get what you pay for.

Mines runs like a dream... got a great deal on a DFI so this one is going on the forums for sale soon :) Probably $105 ship if anyone wanna dibs on it :) retail packaged! :eek:

From what i have seen 99% of the DS3's complaints are overclocking related making all of those complaints nothing more whining and does not relate to the boards quality 1 little bit.

No company guarantees anything other than running stock without issue and so far i have yet to see 1 complaint besides this thread that is legitimate.

Jesus looking at the complaints lately just bugs the shit out of me all you see is "My processor only overclocks to 3.4GHZ what a piece of shit" or "XXX cheap board has a wall of 440 FSB i want an RMA". Come one people get real anything over stock is a freebie and some people here are starting to act like its how the product should perform every time no matter what for almost no money.

I mean the board is $100 what exactly do some of these cheap asses expect out of it?

No, you're not going to cop out and run away from the fact this company markets this motherboard as an overclocking powerhouse. Have you ever read their advertisements? The rev 3.3 board is shit, I won't hold back as I've had a LOT of experience with these boards, they have MANY problems. Also, my board failed to function at stock speeds, it HARD LOCKED in the BIOS with fail safe settings... no excuse. Read my thread and I went through each piece of hardware and determined it was the motherboard, and then you can see it deteriorate to completely not even functioning any more.

And also, for your information, my DFI Infinity P965-S was cheaper than my DS3 was. I expect much, much more for my money, anyone who doesn't is an idiot.

My DS3 couldn't even do a E6420 at completely stock settings, I had to run it underclocked to 1.83GHz speeds, probably because of the faulty VRMs.

They're still giving me the runaround, I'm about ready to just put the board up for like 80 bucks and let someone else fight 'em. I'm very happy with my P5N32-E.

Back