Gigabyte RMA no Receipt

a3venom

Gawd
Hi,
I have searched around and mostly they say that Gigabyte Rmas dont require a receipt.
I am getting a used 290x windforce for 250$ CAD, which seems like a good deal and the Serial # shows 2 years left on warranty.
My Question is, am I eligible for warranty since the owner doesn't have a receipt [ he told me its his cousin's ] ?
Also is the 290x WF from Gigabyte a massive failure of a card [ was reading reviews ]
Lastly, is there anything in particular i should check while buying this, the seller has agreed to drive to my home and test it out before i pay him.

I have owned a couple these cards .They were fine.Warranty goes by serial number so you should be good there.

VRM's get hot on the card but I would not be worried anything under 100C,there good to 120C-125C.

So just run Valley/Heaven a couple times and check VRM temp.

TrevorR

Gawd
Make sure to check the status of the warranty before you buy it on the gigabyte website. I just bought an open box 980 gtx from microcenter and it had an expired warranty and it wasn't even past a year old... I don't even think gigabyte knew it was an open box sale since its warranty is serial based.