Gigabyte RMA is a total joke. I am through with Gigabyte!

EricFX1984

[H]ard|Gawd
I have been buying Gigabyte for a long time... but I am done...

purchased a Gigabyte GA-p55m-ud4 for a buddy of mine

it died early on (2 days after building the computer to be exact) due to melted pins on the 1156 Foxconn made socket (typical of early Foxconn 1156 sockets)

my buddy then had me buy him a board locally(microcenter)

the new board worked fine

the Gigabyte sat on m shelf for close to a year

finally I decided to RMA the board

it took nearly a month to get the board back

they had repaired the board but they forgot to reinstall the voltage regulator coolers

GA-P55M-UD4_missing.jpg

I call Gigabyte RMA and speak with a guy, he tells me they will send out a replacement heatsink right away

a few days goes by and i still have not got an email from them with the tracking number

I call again and get a woman, she has no idea what I am talking about... no records in the system and no heatsink on the way... WTF Gigabyte! :mad:

the woman tells me that this happening is, "...very unlikely as we have 2 teams that test each repaired board... basically this should not happen..." wait let me get this straight you 'tested' my board with no VRM cooling! now missing it on a 'test' one time, I can kinda see that, but TWICE, that is just lazy, shoddy work!

at this point I tell the woman that I would like a new board to replace this board... she agrees that would be fair

I then tell her that I do not intend to pay for shipping, she says she will send me a label via email, pre paid... she also tells me that as soon as the tracking number shows as shipped they will ship me out a new board (in advance of receiving my old board)

ok, 15 mins latter I have my email and label... ok this is going great... I go ahead and ship the board, I call her back and let her know the board is shipped, she tells me that my new board will be shipped no later than October 26th...

ok cool everything is going great.. or so I thought

according to UPS my package arrived at Gigabyte in California last week... well Gigabyte has still not sent out on new board... I can not believe this!!! :(

Looks like Asus will be getting my money from here on out...

UPDATE: talked with Gigabyte Customer Service at around 11:30 central time... wow... they have not shipped it out yet...

Last edited:
Also give MSI a try. Their boards are great and top notch customer service.

That stinks, but how come you didn't return the motherboard when it died two days after you bought it?

That stinks, but how come you didn't return the motherboard when it died two days after you bought it?

I had no reason to, was not using it

plus I figured with all the issues people had with the 1156 sockets, that maybe the issue would be corrected if I waited

Sorry to hear you had such crazy problems. I sell only Gigabyte boards now and haven't had such issues. Then again, I have only had to RMA 1 board all year. Took a few days to get a RMA, only real grumble. All mobo makers have their ups and downs RMA wise.

UPDATE: talked with Gigabyte Customer Service at around 11:30 central time... wow... they have not shipped it out yet...

honestly I just want someone to take responsibility for this mess... that WOULD make this much better

mistake 1: took around a month the fist time I sent in the board

mistake 2: the first team tested my motherboard and did not notice that the VRM heatsink was missing/not installed

mistake 3: the SECOND team tested my motherboard and did not notice that the VRM heatsink was missing/not installed (how do they miss this TWICE)

mistake 4: board came back with out STOCK voltage heatsinks

mistake 5: RMA/cust service said they would send me a replacement VRM heatsink set, and they did NOT

mistake 6: I was promised an advanced replacement! as in a replacement sent to me BEFORE they got my old board back... this has still not happened

mistake 7: this entire process has taken around 2 months and it;s still not done!!! we are coming up on an entire quarter of a year just to get an RMA done 'right'

That sucks, never had to deal with Gigabyte guess that is a good thing

must be getting some attention

just got this email

Dear Customer,

We have received your RMA# USA-XXXXXXX and here follows the detail list for your reference.

The estimate qty of your RMA was 1

GIGABYTE receiving record

Count# Product Type Model# SN# Remark
1 Disti MB GA-P55M-UD4 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXSNXXXXXXXXXXXX

Subtotal 1

GIGABYTE receives total 1

If there are any discrepancies in this list from what you sent to us, please contact us within 2 business days. We would be glad to look into that for you. Or the RMA will be processed as how it is received and be returned back to you soon.

So a little slow but it sounds like aside from messing up your first RMA they are turning the replacement around in 1 week with no shipping charges. Considering you sat on that burned out board for a year (always a risk, they could go BFG style), it seems to have worked out well. I get pissed at bad CS as much as the next guy, but think about how difficult it is sometimes to get the simplest shit accomplished at your own place of employment and it gets a bit easier to rationalize.

I've seen much worse service from several pc component manufacturers, definitely not worth ditching the brand over. Their utter refusal to fix S3/Overclocking issues however....:mad:

Looks like Asus will be getting my money from here on out...

Good Luck with that, I am dealing with their RMA department right now. :mad:

I am going on 6 weeks of waiting. Pick your poison, having to RMA anything with any company sucks.

That sucks.

I've only had to use their support once. I accidentally put too much pressure on a heatsink and it broke right off. I called them and they 2nd day shipped me a new heatsink and the special pushpins for it. This was like 1.5 years ago.

I had to use Asus once another time, but it was with one of the P6T boards which has advanced replacement for one year. They sent me a refurb board only which was fine since it worked but other people were getting brand new boards in retail boxes, latest revision with all the accessories. I wish I got the same treatment. :c(

Good Luck with that, I am dealing with their RMA department right now. :mad:

I am going on 6 weeks of waiting. Pick your poison, having to RMA anything with any company sucks.

+1 I dealt with Asus' RMA process and it took forever to get my board back. I had the RMA number written everywhere on the box and on a label that I had all of the RMA info on in the box, taped to the ESD bad. Since I shipped out with my work UPS address, they used the address as reference and not the RMA number. Since the return address did not come up in their system, my board sat in some corner for almost 2 weeks before I called them and asked them what was going on. Then it took another 2 weeks to get them to actually work on the board. It took over a month and a half to get my motherboard back all because they do not go by the RMA number they assigned to my motherboard... I have not bought an Asus product since then (2008) and probably won't for a long long time...

Back