Gigabyte R9 280X w/ Free BF4 - $299

Only 3 stars out of 5. Granted, not many reviews there. How does this compare to a 770? TH calls it a draw in terms of hierarchy.

two of reviews low complaining about no bf4... whatever, review the card not the extras!

Just noticed this is a revised version of the standard card. What's the difference? Bios?

better cooling i have heard/seen in forums. I think someone said it uses the same wf3 cooler as the 770? and maybe black pcb now if I am remembering correctly... Also currently out of stock, was debating about buying one for litecoin mining...

Yeah, damn thing's sold out now......Freakin 280x' on back-order. I didn't realize this card had this kind of demand. I've been to five different sites! Either prices are ludicrous from resellers or its one I don't want; but even those sell out eventually!

XFX one is still in stock, but I don't feel like paying their premium; particularly when there are cheaper OC'ed versions.

Funny, the card magically reappears for purchase right after the mobile coupon code expires.

Was able to snag three for mining. Will see how they do, with the three fans should be able to keep it at a decent temp. We will see, voltage lock does kinda suck but with every other place OOS kinda not too picky at this time.

Funny, the card magically reappears for purchase right after the mobile coupon code expires.

Sometimes an item appears and you can add it to your cart, but you will be unable to actually buy it. I saw 280X cards (Gigabyte, Sapphire, and HIS) pop up all day yesterday. Yes, some were bought. :D

Damn. The real deal will be actually finding a 280x in stock and not at a marked up price due to (what I can only assume) high demand.

Back