Gigabyte P67A-UD3P - Running RAM at 1600MHz disables dynamic CPU multiplier!

Stereodude

2[H]4U
So I finally got my two 2x4GB 1600MHz DDR3 G.Skill Sniper kits yesterday from Newegg. I installed them and noticed something peculiar with my P67A-UD3P. If I leave them at 1333MHz (XMP Profile disabled) the system will dynamically change the CPU multiplier as the load on the CPU changes (as expected). If I enable the XMP Profile or manually set them to 1600MHz (the only change made in the BIOS) the system will no longer dynamically change the CPU multipler, but it instead just sits at max speed.

I've been using RealTemp 3.67 to monitor things.

Has anyone else seen this?

So, apparently the fix for this is to change EIST, and all the CPU power saving features to Enabled instead of Auto. With 1333MHz memory Auto = On. With 1600MHz memory Auto = Disabled. :confused:

Thanks for checking in with the fix! I was having this same problem with my UD4!
No problem. I found the fix by accident. I started playing with settings in the BIOS out of frustration and to my surprise found that Auto != enabled at 1600MHz (no idea about higher memory speeds, but presumably they're similar).

Back