Gigabyte P55-UDR3 ----DOA

PinkFloyd

n00b
A couple of days ago, I was putting together (with the help of one of our hardware techs at work) my new i5 build. Got the UD3R (w/ CPU and fan) in the HAF922 case with the PSU plus all switches, I/Os, and LEDs hooked up. Time to pre-test.

No joy. Case fans would turn and LEDs on board would light up. No CPU fan. No post. Bummer. Made extra sure to insulate it from the case to eliminate any possible shorting. Nada.

I sent an RMA request to ZipZoomFly that evening and got a very prompt e-mail response to ship it back (on my dime) and an RMA #. I dropped it by FedEx on my way to work Friday and then called them later since I was concerned that it would likely be after Thanskgiving before I ever got a replacement delivered (my office is closed much of that week).

The nice young lady I talked to gave me the option of either an expedited RMA testing/replacement or changing it to a refund with them waiving the re-stock fee if I ordered a new board. I chose the second option and gave them my new order #. I'm waiting to make sure that my new board gets here promptly (it should ship Monday) and that they credit my CC with a full refund before I give ZZF an unqualified thumbs-up for their RMA process, but it looks good so far.

Last edited:
Curious, what components were you using for this build. Wondering if there was some sort of incompatibility.

Did you go through the typical trouble shooting steps (i.e. trying one stick of RAM, connecting everything except HDDs/video, etc)?

Did you go through the typical trouble shooting steps (i.e. trying one stick of RAM, connecting everything except HDDs/video, etc)?

Everything except the one stick of memory trick. If the new one exhibits the same problem, I'll remember to try that too. Thanks.

Everything on there should have had no compatibility issues (like the G.Skill 1.5V DDR3 PC1600 ram that many others use with this mobo/cpu). We even tried another PSU to make sure that wasn't the problem. It just wouldn't get off the ground.

Update time.

The replacement P55-UD3R came in Thursday and I had a chance to put it all together Friday afternoon.

It's all good.:D I in the process of getting used to Win7 and switching all of my stuff over to the new build.

Now I have to check to make sure that ZZF credited my card with the full refund amount like they promised.;)

Back