Gigabyte mobo help, is it fubar'd?

TangledThorns

Limp Gawd
While my mom was watching her my 8 month baby girl was repeatedly pressing and holding the power on my PC so now its in a constant boot loop where it tried to get into BIOS but stops and reboots again. I followed the steps to clear CMOS and that didn't work. I'm afraid the mobo may of been partially fried but I just wanted to check if anybody here had any ideas on how to get it into BIOS?

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 (rev. 4.0)

try disconnecting the power cord, remove cmos battery, press the power button several time to drain any residual charge in the psu and then let it sit for 15 min(prob overkill). put the battery in, reattach the power cord and hopefully it will fire up.
if not, got another psu to try with? you could also try reversing the power and reset buttons just incase the power button got damaged...

While my mom was watching her my 8 month baby girl was repeatedly pressing and holding the power on my PC so now its in a constant boot loop where it tried to get into BIOS but stops and reboots again. I followed the steps to clear CMOS and that didn't work. I'm afraid the mobo may of been partially fried but I just wanted to check if anybody here had any ideas on how to get it into BIOS?

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 (rev. 4.0)
As far as I know, Gigabyte has this features called bios rescue by pressing hold the power button for 10 seconds that it will cause back-up bios to flash to main.
If your back-up bios is old enough it may not support your new processor.
May I know what is your CPU?
If you hav the older CPU maybe you may wanted to try if it boot.

As far as I know, Gigabyte has this features called bios rescue by pressing hold the power button for 10 seconds that it will cause back-up bios to flash to main.

this could be true too. I know the have dualbios and there are a few fx chips that need version F2 or F3. mainly the newer 8000 series and the 9000s.

That worked! My CPU is a FX-8350. Thank you! You'd think clearing CMOS would of done the job :/

Last edited:
Back