Gigabyte Mb return

Hagrid

[H]F Junkie
My GB X99 SLI motherboard went bad and this will be the first MB I have returned. 2011-v3 are too expensive to just toss it. I am hoping that I don't get the dreaded "Your pins were bent, you get nothing" routine I have read about on other threads. I will update how it goes!

They will say it happened after. I will just see what happens. I will not hold my breath though.

I read about the same stuff (customers worried that a warranty will not be honored) regarding graphics cards. IMO the best answer is Buy EVGA whenever you can.

You can easily reach an EVGA tech by phone (usually within 5 minutes of calling) and they're excellent at sending you a replacement. Just make sure you don't damage the item then lie to them in an attempt to try to get them to replace your mistake (though it wouldn't surprise me if they did so anyway). Sending to a company an item you damaged in an attempt to get a warranty replacement is dishonest and therefore outright deceitful ... remember, what goes around really does come around (it's guaranteed, no matter your beliefs, lack thereof or whether you're the company or the customer).

So I got the board pretty quick.(within 2 weeks) Good job GB!

The cpu was also dead, a 5820k. I RMA'd it and now both work.
I read a thread about a guy asking about x99 MB's killing the cpu and/or MB a few days ago. I looked around and read some others who had the same problem. Something about the voltage spiking to 1.8 or something.
I hope it does not happen again.

Congrats. Looks like you actually got service from Gigabyte. They took twice as long and didn't fix a thing on my board.

Back