• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Gigabyte Mb return

Hagrid

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Nov 23, 2006
Messages
9,168
My GB X99 SLI motherboard went bad and this will be the first MB I have returned. 2011-v3 are too expensive to just toss it. I am hoping that I don't get the dreaded "Your pins were bent, you get nothing" routine I have read about on other threads. I will update how it goes!
 
They will say it happened after. I will just see what happens. I will not hold my breath though.
 
I read about the same stuff (customers worried that a warranty will not be honored) regarding graphics cards. IMO the best answer is Buy EVGA whenever you can.

You can easily reach an EVGA tech by phone (usually within 5 minutes of calling) and they're excellent at sending you a replacement. Just make sure you don't damage the item then lie to them in an attempt to try to get them to replace your mistake (though it wouldn't surprise me if they did so anyway). Sending to a company an item you damaged in an attempt to get a warranty replacement is dishonest and therefore outright deceitful ... remember, what goes around really does come around (it's guaranteed, no matter your beliefs, lack thereof or whether you're the company or the customer).
 
So I got the board pretty quick.(within 2 weeks) Good job GB!

The cpu was also dead, a 5820k. I RMA'd it and now both work.
I read a thread about a guy asking about x99 MB's killing the cpu and/or MB a few days ago. I looked around and read some others who had the same problem. Something about the voltage spiking to 1.8 or something.
I hope it does not happen again.
 
Congrats. Looks like you actually got service from Gigabyte. They took twice as long and didn't fix a thing on my board.
 
Back
Top