Gigabyte GTX 1070 Xtreme Gaming 8 GB

HardOCP News

[H] News
Another review of Gigabyte's GTX 1070 Xtreme Gaming 8GB has popped up on the internet today. This time around it is the crew from techPowerUP doing the reviewing. So what did they think of this card? Here's a quote from the full review:

The Gigabyte GTX 1070 Xtreme Gaming is one of the highest clocked GTX 1070 variants available at this time, running at a base clock of 1671 MHz out of the box, memory is overclocked too. As a result the card is the fastest GTX 1070 we tested so far, gaining 7% in performance against the reference design. This brings it closer to GTX 1080, which is still 12% ahead though. Besides that, there really is no noteworthy competition against the GTX 1070, the AMD R9 Fury X is far behind, over 20%.

Nice card but I sure thought all these cards were supposed to be cheaper. Right now they are at least $100 ~ $150 more than they were advertised. I guess I am old and no longer see the point in dropping nearly $400+/- on a video card for todays subpar games. Flashy graphics I no longer settle for I want some meatyness.

Mine OCs the core to 2025-2035 out of the box with memory OCed to 420ish mhz! :D

In case it matters I bought it on July 17th from Newegg and it has the "better" Samsung memory as well! :)

If I want to OC I can do that myself, even modify the bios so you don't have to use software to OC. Personally, I would buy the cheaper Gigabyte Windforce and do your own OC if that is important to you, it isn't to me and prefer cheaper, quiet, and stable over an OC card. But Gigabyte is my go to brand and see a Windforce 1070 in my near future, just waiting for another price drop. $544.00 CAD currently, hoping for $500.00 soon though.

I just bought that same version (windforce), its arriving today, I dont care to do manual OC as long as the reach is the same as the more expensive cards. Price should be around $ 400 for that card...

Back