GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H OR DFI LP JR 790GX-M2RS

Tr0j4nM4x1mus

Limp Gawd
I'm doing a new mAtx build & am torn between these two boards, from the reviews I've read the gigabyte board seems like a good board & recommended alot .... is anyone here using the dfi board that can give a real world review of it...I can't find many reviews for that board & wonder if it would be worth paying almost double for it.... also I feel quite sure it would cause me to spend more money since I know I'd have to do a crossfire setup on it... right now I'll be running a 5400 blk but will go quad at a later date. I'll be doing some light overclocking but nothing too serious.
any help would be greatly appreciated

I really like my GB board, however the DFI board wasn't available to me back when I was building. I probably would have gone with it though. Crossfire is an interest as a possible upgrade, but otherwise the SB750 enhanced OC'ing abilities make me like it more too. Really the only negative about it in my opinion is the lack of FW (and I really don't want to fill one of the slots up with a PCI FW card).

The GB board is fast and supports 140W CPUs, and I really don't think that you will be disheartened with it. I haven't used the DFI board but it sure caught my eye when it came out.

Jason

yeah I know alot of people really like the gigabyte board & I'll probably end up whit it...the dfi board has alot to offer but in this system I'm not sure if I want to go that deep in my pocketbook... it's also hard for me to jump in without any real world reviews.
thanx for the help

Back