Gigabyte GA-EP45T-USB3P DVD-RW won't boot

pc1x1

[H]ard|Gawd
Issue:

Legitimate Windows 7 Ultimate Installation DVD won't boot off DVD drive. Checked settings on bios, etc, everything seems fine. I even tried burning the ISO with various different mediums, TDK, Verbatim, RiData, etc. I know drive works, because it will boot a Windows XP Installation off a CDR, just not the Windows 7. I also installed Windows 7 Ultimate on this same drive before on my previous Asus Motherboard.

Specifications:
Running a Raid 0 on Intel ICH10R on ports 0, 1, ports 2 and 3 have the external bracket installed. DVD drive connected via standard IDE cable to legacy connector on motherboard. It is listed as a Slave Drive on Channel 4, and shows up as DVDA DH20 something, etc.

Unfortunately it just won't boot, I tried various settings in the bios, such as Raid/IDE, AHCI etc. Nothing seems to be working. I found various threads with similar issues with Gigabyte boards however no solution for me yet, so hopefully someone has some insight.

Thanks

Changed DVD-RW to another Model/Brand, and this one uses the Sata interface, not IDE. Same issue, CDRs work, DVD-R and or RW, +/- etc won't boot. This has got to be a motherboard thing. Calling Gigabyte, hopefully someone here will chime in as well though.

If you are using RAID/AHCI and a SATA drive, it will show the name of the device under the boot load options.

Yea, I see the drives and they are fine. 1 hour and 30 mins with Gigabyte support, they kept asking me to strip the system, which we did.

We did find something strange though.

The problem seems to be the Raid Controller card, once we took it out, it worked. This mobo is still new and only has one bios made for it thus far. So we are having problems, because I need the card. Going to call them again, and will update if anything new.

Back