• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Gigabyte G945GZM

f1l3on

n00b
Joined
Feb 19, 2006
Messages
10
Does anyone know if this board can hit and be stable of at least 333mhz fbs?

Or can anyone recommend a budget matx board thats capable of 333mhz. I just want a little oc but nothing too fancy.

Im using a e6400 with 2g Corsair DDR2 675.

Any help is appreciated, thx.
 
The 945GZM doesnt have any overclocking features. All it has is a northbridge strap option to run 1066fsb CPU's. So if you have an 800fsb CPU it will OC the fsb to 1066 along with the speed of the cpu by doing so. if its already a 1066 CPU there is no overclocking.

There are no 'budget' overclocking boards at this point. Only the F-I90HD which is over 100$ and the new gigabyte board which wont be any less than 110$ and isnt avail. yet either.
 
Almost true. I have been using a 945GZM-S2 for almost a year now, it's a great board if your not a hardcore OC'er. In addition to the Northbridge Strap for 1066 FSB CPUs, I can also set the FSB to any number I want. I am currently running at 250 which gives me about 4.1GHz with a P4 641. However, I have not tried pushing it any harder and there are NO other OC options except for setting the PCI-E frequency. But I wouldn't recommend it as an OC board to anyone because it isn't really.

Watch for the new Gigabyte G33 boards to be released June 4th here in the US.
 
Back
Top