• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Gigabyte G1.Sniper2 Overclocking

the_cheeky_badger

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 15, 2006
Messages
75
Hi chaps,

I'm thinking about moving away from my AMD 1100T and going for a Core i7-2600K with a Sniper 2.

I've heard they are very easy to overclock, and wanted to try it and get opinions before I go ahead with the purchase. Has anyone already tried OC with the sniper 2, can you offer any advice before I part with the cash?

Thanks!
 
I have and its pretty solid board, let me know if you have any questions.
 
Ahhhhh.....dur!

Hmmm, you have the same one I'm after! How did you achieve your 4.4Ghz OC please?I might be able to crib your settings and then just run a stress test :p
 
4.4 is a pretty easy overclock as well. I have had 4 2600K's and they all would do 5Ghz. 1 did 5.3 two did 5.2 and one did 5.1.
 
Nice, I've not touched OC before, so I was going to start with simply adjusting the CPU Multiplier and seeing how far I could go before I have to mess with voltages
 
Back
Top