Gigabyte G1.sniper doesn't support WOL? How to with add on?

dirtrider

Limp Gawd
Apparently the Gigabyte G1.Sniper does not support WOL with its bigfoot killer nic. I never thought to check as this feature has been supported on every mobo I've used for many years. I figure I'll just plunk in another card for WOL only. So I picked up an intel pro/1000 GT that supports wol. Now I notice my network traffic going out through that instead of the killer nic. How should I configure the new intel card so that it is only available for WOL and the killer nic handles all other network traffic?

looks like just unchecking the ipv4 and ipv6 on the adapter properties works just fine.

--> Is your lan card PCI 2.2 revision?
If so, the Intel lan support WOL thru PME and use onboard BIG foot for your network traffic.
--> But you need to check the following on your Intel aln card as belows:
a. Please check the user enable from device manager for Intel Pro lan card:
a. Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
b. Allow this device to wake the computer.
c. Only allow a magic packet to wake the computer.

Last edited:
looks like just unchecking the ipv4 and ipv6 on the adapter properties works just fine.

It looks like lan port 2, the killer nic does not support WOL, however lan port 1 does. Using your suggestion I was able to use WOL without purchasing a nic separately. Thanks for the suggestion!

It looks like lan port 2, the killer nic does not support WOL, however lan port 1 does. Using your suggestion I was able to use WOL without purchasing a nic separately. Thanks for the suggestion!

Different motherboard than the G1 sniper I take it??? In any case...glad my 1.5 yr old reply helped! :)

Well hopefully your 1.5 year reply will help me also.. I have the G1 Assassin 2 which has the same Bigfoot NIC with the same problem; no WOL!

I've ordered a TP-Link TG-3468 PCIe card so hopefully I will be able to get it work also. We'll see.

Back