Gigabyte G1 Gaming $649.99 after rebate or EVGA Classified $629.99 after 5x ebay buck

Gigabyte G1 Gaming $649.99 after rebate or EVGA Classified $629.99 after 5x ebay buck

• Gigabyte 980 ti G1

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • EVGA 980 ti classified

Votes: 12 80.0%

• Total voters

Kirika

Gawd
Amazon has the Gigabyte G1 gaming for $669 with a $20 rebate for $649.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZJP9DMC?gwSec=1&redirect=true&ref_=s9_simh_gw_p147_d0_i1

EVGA 980 Ti classified for $699. on ebay but with the 5x ebay bucks promotion you get $70 in ebay bucks which makes it $629.00
http://www.ebay.com/itm/EVGA-GeForc...148886?hash=item43e003b7d6:g:sKQAAOSw9N1Vr6Kv

Debating which one to get looking to make a purchase tonight or tommorow.

I been buying EVGA for the warranty and reliablity but people are saying the G1 is quieter and overclocks better.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'd go g1 because their cooler is better IMO, but they both will probably overclock very similar (1450-1500).

LOL! I'm the one Gig vote. I've had 2 of their cards and they're great. At that price point, 20 bucks is insignificant (IMO). Grab the one you like for how it cools, how it fits, how it sounds.

I believe the classy is quieter. It also features actual software voltage support (regardless of how awful precision is) and has a dual bios switch.

That being said voltage plays no role in Maxwell overclocking and you'll probably only use the bios switch once (when you flip it to ln2 mode out of the box to increase power limit to 140%) and never use it again. With the Gigabyte you'll probably need to flash a modded bios to increase voltage or power limit.

I believe the classy is quieter. It also features actual software voltage support (regardless of how awful precision is) and has a dual bios switch.

That being said voltage plays no role in Maxwell overclocking and you'll probably only use the bios switch once (when you flip it to ln2 mode out of the box to increase power limit to 140%) and never use it again. With the Gigabyte you'll probably need to flash a modded bios to increase voltage or power limit.

This. The limiting factor for most 980Ti's is power limit and thermals. The first thermal throttle occurs at 60-65C and can only be bypassed by using a modded bios or keeping the card under 60c. Power limit must be raised to not get throttling/downclocking. Some vendors offer ways around this, like the Classy, but I am not sure about the G1. If not vendor provided then you will have to flash to a modded bios (depending on the cards OC, etc.).

Gigabyte's oc tool is so crap, I wasn't able to oc an inch. It constantly looses the OC settings, and I never know what the actual clocks are as other applications report completely different clocks as the ones set in OC Guru. In hindsight I'd buy anything but Gigabyte, regardless of the cooler. You can actually set power limit to 130%, and even voltage, but it never worked correctly for me.

Thank you for the replies. Ordered the EVGA 980 ti classified. Now need to get a 3rd screen so can play Battlefront in surround.

Back