Gigabyte fan control

cougar618

n00b
I've been trying everything to gain control of both the CPU and case fan on my Gigabyte Motherboard ( MA69VM-S2, AMD m-atx) with no success. I have Speedfan, and I'm able to control the CPU Fan, but not the case fan at all. I tried setting 'PVM x Mode' to software control via configure -> advanced, but this method only allowed me to control the CPU fan. I've also tried using GB's 'i-cool', but like all software that comes w/ Motherboards, its hopelessly broken.

My computer as it is runs ridiculously cold, and i would be more than happy to give up 2-3 degrees C for a quieter computer.

It's not THAT big of a deal, but I was curious to see if other people who might have had a similar problem found a fix...

Also, is there a way to make Speedfan reduce the fan's RPM at startup?

tl;dr : How do I control the case fan on a Gigabyte MoBo?

Did you have to do anything special to get Speedfan to get it controlling your CPU fan?

On a stock config it won't do anything on my 69GM board. :/

Maybe you could swap the leads on your case/CPU fan to control whichever is the most important to have control over?

I did swap the fan leads, since have a sugo w/ nt-06 cooler, and don't have an actual 'cpu fan', and that helped out tremendously.

I use Speedfan to control the CPU fan, by clicking configure -> Adv. tab, selecting ISA from menu and made 'PVM 1 Mode' software controlled. You can also use smart guard for auto speed control....

After thinking about it and doing some research on it, I think I'd be better off w/ a fan controller... any suggestions? I'm looking for a expansion slot fan controller, kinda like the sliverstone FP33... any other suggestions..? Don't really feel like spending that kinda money, but you have to pay for quality...
I'm still not sold on spending that kinda money on that fan controller, but ill probably make up my mind after listen to the case w/ all but one fan on.

Zalman ZM-MFC1

Code:
http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1373

I have one and it works great!

There is also a All "Brushed Silver" model as well

Back