Gigabyte DS3L overclock help

Jap1987

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
271
I'm trying to break 415FSB on my q9300 but I just cant do it. I recenty noticed my northbridge is running at 55C at Idle this seems a bit high. Could this be the reason I cant go any higher on the fsb. Also I have tried going up to 1.28 vcore from 1.26 as well as adding .1 to northbridge with no luck.

q9300 415x7.5 at 1.26
Kingston Hyper X DDR2 1066
ratio 1:1
 
You might want to check if the NB heatsink is seated properly, a lot of the NB heatsinks on the DS3Ls and DS3Rs have heatsinks that are loose which could cause your high temps. The NB shouldn't be running that hot with only 1.28v.
 
Seems to be making contact just fine. How much can these chipsets take, and could this be affecting my overclock?
 
Add a 40mm fan to your northbridge heatsink if heat is a concern. I did this to mine and almost halved my temps.
 
Back
Top