• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Gigabyte DS3 . . No Video

Joined
Sep 18, 2005
Messages
624
I recently finished building my conroe system. Worked fine for a day. I then switched to another graphics card. Now, their is no video using either graphics card. The system seems alright. Fans all spin. Hdd has activity. Just no video. I've updated already to the f4 bios.

What is the reason for this?
 
Did you try to reseat the video card? If that fails try reseating the cpu.
 
Did you try clearing the CMOS? Granted, I have never heard of a graphics card requiring a CMOS reset, but it never hurts to try everything, especially since all was working well with the former card initially.
 
Last time I built (my current system) it started with no video or signal...I had to reseat the cpu and that fixed it (and I reseated the memory).

I realize you don't have the same situation but it's worth a shot. It might be worth it to find a PCI vid card too and see if that boots it.
 
remove the vid card and stoke it up. are you getting any beeps? if not, your vid card is ok and either ram cpu or mainboard is phuct.
 
i think i my video card is alright. I believe it is the motherboard is at fault. think i'm gonna rma it.
 
Let me guess, do you have an Ati card on the DS3? If so then set the PCIE frequency to 105MHz instead of Auto. You may have to reset the system several times before the video comes up to do it though.
 
that reminds me, i did set the frequency to 100. Does that matter. 100 worked with my 7900gt before this issue happened.
 
Back
Top