• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Gigabyte Aurora Case Any Good?

From what I remember, it only has one intake and two exhaust fans so I guess that means that it's a negative pressure case? I was seriously considering this too, but I got the Antec P182 instead and haven't regretted the purchase at all.
 
It's built for watercooling, hence the 2x120mm's in the back, and tubing slots.

I would assume it has good airflow for an air cooling system as well... ill get my friend to check his temps for you using the aurora 2...
 
It's really not that ugly in person. The cooling isn't the best, though. The HDD cage really restricts air-flow from the front intake fan; not good.
 
I think its a great looking case. Its not the best for air cooling, but makes water cooling easier. I decided to stick with air for my rig, so I got the antec 900 instead.
 
It doesn't have good airflow (http://www.antec.com/pdf/customPC_p180test.pdf), is built from thin and flimsy 1mm aluminum, and looks ugly. For $30 more you can get one of these beauties: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104&products_id=4260
It looks way better, has much better craftsmanship, is made from thick 2mm aluminum, and has much better airflow.

do you HONESTLY think antec is going to host an UNBIASED review of competitor cases? also, the 3daurora's temperature range is 2 degrees smaller than the p180's so its brighter. tis marketing propaganda :p

i DO agree the v1000 is 1000x better :D im getting a v2000 eventually :D
 
do you HONESTLY think antec is going to host an UNBIASED review of competitor cases? also, the 3daurora's temperature range is 2 degrees smaller than the p180's so its brighter. tis marketing propaganda :p

i DO agree the v1000 is 1000x better :D im getting a v2000 eventually :D

The article isn't by Antec, it's by some magazine. I screwed up the link, here it is: http://www.antec.com/customPC_TemperatureTest.html Anyway I've read a lot of complaints on forums regarding the aurora airflow.
 
The article isn't by Antec, it's by some magazine. I screwed up the link, here it is: http://www.antec.com/customPC_TemperatureTest.html Anyway I've read a lot of complaints on forums regarding the aurora airflow.

they also used the vented side panel version... which is just pointless because its a negative pressure case... if it were a solid panel it would have likely been much better

not to mention theyre system is pretty terrible 0_0 101 degree load for the graphics card? can you say artifacts? :D
 
they also used the vented side panel version... which is just pointless because its a negative pressure case... if it were a solid panel it would have likely been much better

not to mention theyre system is pretty terrible 0_0 101 degree load for the graphics card? can you say artifacts? :D

They had the side panel off with clingfilm over it for the ir camera. They're testing it in a 35c chamber, so that's why the temps are so high.
 
They had the side panel off with clingfilm over it for the ir camera. They're testing it in a 35c chamber, so that's why the temps are so high.

ahhh ok, did they have it the same way for the actual temperature probe tests?
 
Back
Top