• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Gigabyte and OCing?

CHAoS_NiNJA

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
May 26, 2005
Messages
1,578
With the AMD/Gigabyte deal going on on the Egg, I see a chance for me to save a bit of scratch while going s939 / PCIe / SLi...but I was wondering, how well do Gigabyte motherboards overclock? I'm getting either a 3200+ or a 3500+, and either way I plan to overclock. Not only that, but in the future I'm going to get a s939 Opteron and solid overclocking is a must.

Anyway, does anyone here have much exp. on OCing with Gigabyte mobos? This is a great chance for me to go SLi, so I'd be greatful for any feedback.

(I posted this in the mobo section with no luck...maybe you guys can help me)
 
Most of the benchmarks I've seen put it at the top with other top-tier vendors, although they don't have a Lan Party model or Fatality or anything like that (check out the BIOS screenies on some of the reviews...pretty good voltage adjustment, can lock/unlock the bus speed w/ PCI-E et al., etc)

I've had two, and both have OC'd fine. My old Athlon XP 1900 OC'd well (although I can't remember how much), and with my new rig (GA-8I955X and Pentium D) heat is more of an issue. Casual OC'ing has gone well, and I think that the extra 8 phase power circuit will be a boon when I finally get my watercooling set up on it.

Here are some reviews of my board:
http://legionhardware.com/document.php?id=426&p=0
http://www.tbreak.com/reviews/article.php?cat=mobos&id=370&pagenumber=1
http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=142&type=expert&pid=2
http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/view.php?cid=0&id=1563&pg=1
http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1834
http://anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2538

Most of them should have some BIOS screenshots of my board, if it helps. My older AXP board had a similar level of options.
 
Back
Top