Gigabyte AMD FM2+ Mobo

MuscleNerd

Limp Gawd
What are some professional opinions on this motherboard. I am not looking for the top of the line mobo, but I think this would be a great little mobo to use. I don't plan on OCing any of my components (might use the turbo frequency on my A8 7600 to 3.4ghz).

Only using this pc for MX simulator and web browsing. Didn't plan on changing the Motherboard, but I have heard a lot of negative things about the stock one in the lenovo h50-55 series.

I do not trust Amazon reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-A68H-SATA-Motherboards-GA-F2A68HM-H/dp/B00T7XTT6C/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1482083671&sr=1-1&keywords=micro+atx+fm2+

Specs:

A8 7600
1tb HDD
16gb DDR3
650 Watt PSU

(Lenovo h50-55) with some upgrades.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Pretty sure that is the board I chose for a friend and his A8 5800k due to the price and what he does with his PC. Overall my friend hasn't complained about any issues what so ever and the board has been pretty good. For $40 he paid there isn't much to complain about. Just be wary of the 2 DIMM slots on the board, so long as your 16 GB kit is 8GB x 2 you'll be fine.

Pretty sure that is the board I chose for a friend and his A8 5800k due to the price and what he does with his PC. Overall my friend hasn't complained about any issues what so ever and the board has been pretty good. For $40 he paid there isn't much to complain about. Just be wary of the 2 DIMM slots on the board, so long as your 16 GB kit is 8GB x 2 you'll be fine.

Thank you for you input!

Yes, It is 2x8 so that will not be an issue at all. May upgrade to 2x16 eventually (not in any hurry to do that).

By chance would you know how much power the pcie slot is allocated ?

Looking at running a 1050ti, it runs off mobo power. I highly doubt that is something I should sorry about.

I'm not sure on the PCI power allocation, but if you choose something like a 1050ti or a RX 460 I don't see how you'll run into any issues with power. If some people can slap those types of cards into OEM style PC's with subpar boards / power supplies you should be good to go with those parts you chose.

You could even go lower wattage on the PSU with a system like that, but a 650W is a good base if you ever find yourself staring at a GPU deal that is too good to pass up.

Awesome.

For what I'm using the PC for I might try out the integrated R7 graphics in the APU before I buy the 1050ti.

It might run my game just fine. If it does I'll be going with a smaller and cheaper GPU , 750ti or 460 2gb.

I'm out of town and won't be able to play with the PC until the 23rd, so the wait is killing me.

Depending on the games / settings the iGPU isn't half bad. Downside is you may experience throttling when the CPU/iGPU are in full use at the same time, but that I'm not entirely sure on with this board (we used a dedicated card on his setup). Either way if you do or do not go for a dedicated card the APU will be a fine till some dedicated GPU peaks your interest; if that is even warranted after you sit down and mess with the machine.

Back