Gigabyte 8800gt with Zalman VF830

I just ordered one for a new build; can't wait to see how she runs. I'm upgrading from an old system (Athlon XP2000 w/ a GF3 Ti200) to an E8400 w/ an 8800GT.
Should be a noticeable improvement. :D

I just ordered one for a new build; can't wait to see how she runs. I'm upgrading from an old system (Athlon XP2000 w/ a GF3 Ti200) to an E8400 w/ an 8800GT.
Should be a noticeable improvement. :D

You think?

Congrats, you're the winner of the understatement of the day award! *cheers* :p

Ya, I got one of these on the way...

Never dealt with Gigabyte on a RMA but here's their RMA policy:

http://rma.gigabyte-usa.com/DirectRMA/EndUser_Main.asp

Looks like 3 years on vid cards but a pretty strict policy in other areas....

Unless I'm interpreting it wrong, NewEgg has a limited 30-day warranty on this card so I'd say, you got 30 days to figure out if it is a keeper or not...

There were some major issues with the early versions of this card as seen in this thread so I'm more than a little concerned about my purchase...

That model from Gigabyte it's interesting, it has Samsung memory chips - K4J52324QE-BJ1A, there's no need for ramsinks, the fanspeed can't be controlled via RivaTuner, but the noise is acceptable and the temps are fairly good.
The best thing is that you can control the voltage for the GPU via GamerHUD, someone from another forum achieved at vGPU=1.2V 775 Mhz core /1050x2 mem, load temp around 65 gr.C. ;)
I'm curious how it performs in your rig. :D

Edit:
@ Cold Dog: Yes, there were issues, but this is a different model and so far I haven't seen any complaints about them, hope there is none... LOL

Good card, overclocks really well.

I'm scared to overclock the memory though as it isn't cooled as well and also because apparently you can cause damage to memory by overclocking but not be able to tell until later :confused:.

Also I'm not sure what block it would need if I were to watercool it.

I've built three systems with those cards and they are fine, quieter and cooler than tha stock Nvidia cooling. There is NO REASON not to buy one...
Well actually... a launch of two new architectures (AT48xx and NV2xx) in the next week is a good reason to at least hold off a week and see what happens.

Back