• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Gigabyte 5870 UD Image corruption

poj

Weaksauce
2FA
Joined
Jan 11, 2011
Messages
83
Hi,

I have bought a Gigabyte 5870 UD 3 month ago, and I noticed if I use its DVI output, occasionally I get this corruption:

Artifact
Artifact closer

Has anyone seen these artifacts? What can it be?
It occurs on the desktop, in the browser and in games as well.

The card: GV-R587UD-1GD

I have crossfire, the other card is a simple reference gigabyte 5870. I tested them separately and the other card does not do this. The only time this happens if I put the UD card top, and use its output.

I want to return the card, but I wanted to see if anyone experienced this kind of corruption. My rig is my signature, I dont think any other components can cause this.

Thanks for any input and reading this!
 
if its only happening when you use DVI and not the other ports its more then likely the DVI cable is bad. otherwise it would be the gpu going bad but there just aren't enough artifacts in my opinion to say its the gpu. typically the artifacts will be over the entire screen and not just one area.
 
I dont think its the cable... I used the computer with the other card on top and connected with the same dvi cable for 2 month, and no corruption.

The only reason i switched the cards is because the reference card gets really hot (60C idle!!) if installed in the top position.

Right now i removed the ref card and connected the cable to the other dvi port on the UD5870 (theres two). I will test it for a week, then try a dp cable with converter or hdmi.
 
I dont think its the cable... I used the computer with the other card on top and connected with the same dvi cable for 2 month, and no corruption.

The only reason i switched the cards is because the reference card gets really hot (60C idle!!) if installed in the top position.

Right now i removed the ref card and connected the cable to the other dvi port on the UD5870 (theres two). I will test it for a week, then try a dp cable with converter or hdmi.

Do you have multiple monitors hooked up to the reference card? If you multiple monitors it will idle around 60C.
 
Back
Top