Gigabuye X58A-Ud3R Questions

CaseyJ70

Weaksauce
Hey all,

I am int he process of setting up my new board and have a couple questions regarding HDD's and drivers. First of all, what drivers are necessary to install after installing windows. Obviously the LAN, onboard sound, and USB 3.0 are required. Where I'm confused now is whether the INF chipset driver must be installed. Then, what about the Intel SATA driver, Gigabyte SATA 2 driver, Marvel console driver and Marvel RAID utility? Right now, I have a single WD Black 1TB SATA 3 drive. I have it and my optical drive plugged into the 2 Marvell controlled SATA 3 6GB/s ports. Is this the best option for me right now? Any help you could give me after a clean install of Windows 7 would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
I have the same board.

I always just install the chipset and audio drivers (then video, etc afterwards). It has picked up the LAN for me.

The HDD drivers don't really matter, except for random raid controllers (I have no problem with the raid controller on my board running 2 1TB Samsungs in raid0), your WD black drive (or really any mechanical drive) can't take advantage of Sata3 speeds (you basically paid more for nothing, sorry) but those drivers shouldn't really matter either.

Back