Gigabtye combo

I ordered a gigabye SLI board and 2 6600 GT's for cheaper ($445) than that from newegg. The board is new, but the cards are refurbished.
 
I think getting one 6800GT will be better performance - and cost - wise then getting 2 6600GT's, due to the fact not all games can take advantage of SLI. But that's just me talking out my butt, I mean, take it for what it's worth, I'm still running a GeForce4 Ti4200.
 
Buckus.....

I think I expressed myself not very clearly...:( sorry, but i"m italian ) :D My English is not that good...

The 6600GT from Gigabyte is only one card, with two cores! Just one, not to 6600GT.

:)
 
That may be, but it's still a dual-core card using 2 lesser cores than the 1 greater core of the 6800. As such, it still operates in SLI mode, so 1 6800GT will be faster than 2 660GT's in most situations.
 
Back
Top