Ghostrunner

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Humanity has faced a global cataclysm, forcing everyone to live in a single superstructure designed by someone called The Architect...it's a very cyberpunky story, with implants determining the social class of everyone in the Tower, and it's your job to flit between reality and cyberspace in order to make your way to the top of the Tower and unravel its mysteries

looks like a blend of Titanfall and Mirror's Edge parkour and Dishonored's stealthy slashing...

Humanity has faced a global cataclysm, forcing everyone to live in a single superstructure designed by someone called The Architect..

Hmm, reminds me of a movie I saw in the late 90's.

The gameplay and setting look identical to Jedi Fallen Order (just FPS instead of TPS).

Since freerunner games are a dime-a-dozen, 1 wouldn't pay more than 20 bucks for a pure feerunner simulation. But free demo is exactly the price I'm looking for, and I'll try it tonight!

Played it, and couldn't get into it.

If you're going to build a freerunner beat-em-up, you're better off going third-person. Jedi : Fallen Order is an example of a successful third-person parkour beat-em-up

FPS is better for shooters like Titanfall (and to a lesser-extent, freerunning also works in Borderlands 3

The Ghostrunner demo is beautiful- and ray tracing adds to the spectacle

It certainly looks amazing, but they need to get DLSS into the game before retail release. Global illumination is a real game changer.

Ghostrunner | Official Pax 2020 Trailer

Coming to Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store on October 27th...demo available on September 29th...

How good is it? It just came out and it's already 20% off on Steam........

^Well... there's a demo available on Steam... might as well try it for yourself.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I spent 3½ hours playing it, died 300+ times and love it (and DD's soundtrack) so far.

Fucking banger of a game thus far.

Free GoG version with Amazon Prime membership.

I like it, but glad I didn't pay for it because of some of the frustration. You'll die a lot, that's fine because don't lose much progress when respawning, but the game only saves after you complete an entire stage/level, so if you get frustrated and want to take a break, count on losing a significant amount of progress.

Free GoG version with Amazon Prime membership.

I like it, but glad I didn't pay for it because of some of the frustration. You'll die a lot, that's fine because don't lose much progress when respawning, but the game only saves after you complete an entire stage/level, so if you get frustrated and want to take a break, count on losing a significant amount of progress.

I never knew you get free PC games every month...if anything I thought it would be console versions...Star Wars: Squadrons is also free...so the games are yours to keep even if you cancel your Prime membership?

Last edited:
I never knew you get free PC games every month...if anything I thought it would be console versions...Star Wars: Squadrons is also free...so the game are yours to keep even if you cancel your Prime membership?
depends on the game and is usually indicated if it needs the amazon games app or not.

depends on the game and is usually indicated if it need the amazon games app or not.

so if it says the free game is available on GOG (Ghostrunner) or Origin (SW: Squadrons) then I assume you don't need the Amazon app?...for the October games I don't see any of them specifically saying you need the Amazon app

so if it says the free game is available on GOG (Ghostrunner) or Origin (SW: Squadrons) then I assume you don't need the Amazon app?...for the October games I don't see any of them specifically saying you need the Amazon app
yup

So they're giving out Ghostrunner and Star Wars Squadrons? Not bad. Wouldn't mind trying Ghostrunner myself. Looks like an interesting mix of wall running/platforming and slashing combat.

have they given out any other big/popular PC games recently?...do they give out Steam games as well?
not sure, the last ones i grabbed were Injustice in May(i think) and an SNK collection that needs the app.
edit: BFV and 1 were given out recently but on their platforms and i guess i claimed alien: iso at some point...

So they're giving out Ghostrunner and Star Wars Squadrons? Not bad. Wouldn't mind trying Ghostrunner myself. Looks like an interesting mix of wall running/platforming and slashing combat.
want my code?

depends on the game and is usually indicated if it needs the amazon games app or not.

In the past I had just the Twitch app installed and at some point it would no longer download games, I somehow determined that I needed the Amazon games app and I was then able to download games hosted through Twitch, HOWEVER, Amazon gives you a key for some games on different storefronts (ex: Ghostrunner on GOG, SW Squadrons on Origin), so I don't think there's anything Amazon can dictate once you register the game on another storefront. I wouldn't be surprised if the Amazon games app was designed to lock you out of games if your prime subscription expires, but I've not researched that.

In the past I had just the Twitch app installed and at some point it would no longer download games, I somehow determined that I needed the Amazon games app and I was then able to download games hosted through Twitch, HOWEVER, Amazon gives you a key for some games on different storefronts (ex: Ghostrunner on GOG, SW Squadrons on Origin), so I don't think there's anything Amazon can dictate once you register the game on another storefront. I wouldn't be surprised if the Amazon games app was designed to lock you out of games if your prime subscription expires, but I've not researched that.
yup, covered that.

as far as the Amazon Games giveaways- so if it doesn't specify GoG or Origin etc then it means you need the Amazon Games app?...none of the games for October specify needing the Amazon app (Wallace and Gromit, Red Wings: Aces of the Sky etc) and just list the developer

but others like Ghostrunner specifically say GoG

as far as the Amazon Games giveaways- so if it doesn't specify GoG or Origin etc then it means you need the Amazon Games app?...none of the games for October specify needing the Amazon app (Wallace and Gromit, Red Wings: Aces of the Sky etc) and just list the developer

but others like Ghostrunner specifically say GoG
the coloring and the icons indicate if its on the app or another platform(light purple and crown is amazon app).

1633314037457.png

and app games have this
1633314084997.png

1633314193813.png

nice...I don't see that 'available on Amazon Games App' part when looking at it using my web browser (Edge)...I'm currently not subscribed to Amazon Prime so maybe that's why

View attachment 399931
im using edge but am signed in, that message comes up when you go to add a game. otherwise, the colors/icons indicate it.

Not a bad list of games. Squadrons is kind of odd from a control standpoint but it can be kind of fun in dogfight. I think people with mouse/keyboard do best but sometimes I find people with an equal skill level as my own (not good at this game). I use a HOTAS. Mapping controls is a bit of a pain but once you get it sorted it works kind of okay. I don't play it often though but I should play it more.

Campaign is very "meh", but for free worth playing.

Didn't even know this existed :)
Snagged SW Squadrons and Alien Isolation. Don't care anymore for either of these failed franchises but apparently both are VR'able and quite the experience, so free is free!

so as long as I sign up to Amazon Prime before the end of October I can claim the free games?...or is there a cutoff point?

Back