• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Ghosting on GDM-FW900

scrapser

n00b
Joined
Feb 14, 2013
Messages
5
Hello,
This is my first post on Hardforum. I did a few searches but have not found what I'm looking for in information. I have a nearly new (less than 100 hours) GDM-FW900. I'm using a GeForce GTX-295 graphics card, WinXP Pro OS. I built the computer myself and it has been running fine. DFI X58 mobo, i7 920 CPU, plenty of RAM, 1000w PSU.

Tonight I updated the graphics driver (310.90) and afterwards noticed I now have ghosting. I have never seen this before. I checked with the seller and he referred me to this forum. Apparently the newer drivers are not supporting analog devices as much as they used to. He said other GDM-FW900 owners here have been able to adjust the timing to overcome this issue so I'm hoping for some help.

The monitor is flawless and has been professionally calibrated prior to shipping to me. I have not touched anything other than adjusting the screen size. I'm using default resolution (1920x1200) with an 85 Hz refresh rate.

If more information is needed, I will gladly supply it. This monitor is like gold to me so I don't want to push anything that will shorten its lifespan.

Thanks
 
fw900 default res is 2304x1440 @ 80 try that .I just retired my fw900 (might sell)for a Asus VG248QE 144hz 1ms
Im very happy
good luck with your yours
 
fw900 default res is 2304x1440 @ 80 try that .I just retired my fw900 (might sell)for a Asus VG248QE 144hz 1ms
Im very happy
good luck with your yours

Thanks...I don't think I could read text at that resolution. The manual states 1920x1200 as the recommended resolution with your resolution being the max. I've been searching the net for information on this ghosting on CRT monitors. It appears it can be caused by bad cables, signal noise, and the like. So I need to play around with my setup and see if that's the issue. The only other thing I've done recently since last using the monitor is plug a USB cable from my printer.

I actually have two computers (plus a third box with Win98SE installed for old games). My primary Win7 computer has an NEC 24" Multi-Sync IPS type LCD monitor. The computer with the FW900 is my old WinXP setup. I used to have WinXP and Win7 in a dual boot config but when I upgraded my motherboard on the primary computer to an X79 Sabertooth...it no longer supports WinXP; hence the split to two computers.

I stumbled on the FW900 by accident. I didn't know they even existed until last fall. I love CRT's so I feel very fortunate to have found the one I have. I only use it a couple times a month so it should last a while if I take care of it.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top