• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Ghost recon

hefley

Gawd
Joined
Feb 28, 2003
Messages
923
I just bought Tom clancy's Splinter cell for 20 bucks at walmart. I love the game and noticed that Ghost Recon is 20 bucks also...

I was wondering, is the game as fun as Splinter cell? I'm considering picking it up next time i go to walmart.

For xbox btw
 
i have the pc version of those games and they are way fun.
Personally i liked Ghost Recon way more then Splinter Cell. It is more realistic and it's a lot funner to me. I dont know how it is on consoles though so it might be shit on xbox, like unreal tournament was with playstation.
 
its differnet, ghost recon i would say is more difficult and more of a simulation game / more realistic than splinter cell. I would say its probably not quite as cool/fun but would give more gameplay time.
 
I have both for the PC. I love them both but they are two seperate types of games.

Splinter Cell = FPS Sneaker

Ghost Recon (Plus Desert Seige & Thunder Island) = Military Squad Tactical Shooter

If you get GR for PC make sure patch it up to 1.4 for a better AI.
 
digitalman is right. You're comparing apples to koalas.

Ghost Recon is a favorite at the LANs that I have with my friends. Well, they like it quite a bit anyhow. ;) I'd say that I'm enjoying it pretty well.

The main difference, as far as I can tell (not having played too much of either) is that in Ghost Recon, you're a member of a team, and to achieve success you have to make sure to play your role. In Splinter Cell, you're a lone wolf, and thus have more "freedom" but more challenge.

For $20, I say get them both.
 
Hefly, I picked up Ghost Recon for my dad at Gogamer.com for $10.00 awhile back. I am at work now so I am not going to that site but check it out first before shelling out $20.00 at Wally World in case you can get it cheaper.
 
Both games are alot of fun on the Xbox, Splinter cell I must say I enjoyed alot more, but Ghost Recon over Live is fun when you can find a good amount of people in a game.
 
I dont have live, and probably never will...no dsl or cable where i live:(

I also want to get maxpayne 1 and 2:cool:
 
Back
Top