GHOST and Nforce RAID

debello_64

Gawd
I have an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe; I have had no problem using an older version of Ghost with the Silicon Image 3114R RAID controller when I do a back up of my SATA RAID 0. But GHOST will not recognize the NVIDIA RAID controller on the on the Nforce 4 chipset. I want to use the NVIDIA Control becasuse of the placement of the SATA ports on the board and can't imagine not being able to do Ghost backups. Does the new version of Ghost have built in drivers for the NVIDIA RAID controller or is there a way to add the drivers to the program? I sent an email to Symantec to see if they could provide any info, but wanted to check here also. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/

Terabyte's 'Image for DOS' will recognize the Nvidia RAID controller. Fully-featured 30-day free trial, purchase for less than $20. 'Image for Windows' will also recognize the Nvidia RAID controller, but you should the Terabyte PHYLOK utility when creating an image of your OS partition with 'Image for Windows'. Both programs feature reliable byte-for-byte image verification.

I use 'Image for DOS' to create/restore my OS and DATA partitions to/from DVD media. I've successfully restored my OS partition from DVD media several time with this program.

In my opinion, current offerings from both Norton and True Image are unreliable bloatware.

Hope this helps!

Back