Ghost a RAID0 Install

|MaguS|

[H]ard|Gawd
I was wondering if its possible to ghost a windows install on a RAID0 to a single drive and then ghost it back to a new RAID0?

Basically I am getting rid of my PC and possibly the drives that make up my array but have another drive for storage of the backup. I would like to make a ghost image of the OS Install and store that away untill I can rebuild my PC which then I would ghost the image back onto the new RAID array.

Would any issues arise from this?

I just ghosted my OS install from my 2x80GB Raptors RAID0 on my onboard NVIDIA raid to my new Perc 5i SAS controller with 4x80GB Raptors in RAID0 with no issues.

I believe I used the old bootable floppy Ghost 7.

Just make sure if you are changing controllers to install the drivers first!

just make sure your os has drivers for your new raid controller or it won't boot

I just cloned my raid0 raptors over to a 500gb drive using Acronis MigrateEasy. Started the process in windows, it rebooted into a dos environment for the actual move then when finished I had two working copies of my install. Very easy and the best part is it was free. It obviously saw my raid0 array after booting into the dos enviroment for the actual move of data so my assumption is that it would also see an array if moving data to one as well.

Sometimes Acronis screws up in funny ways, I tried it this time and it didn't work for me but between the two programs one is sure to work.

Back