Ghetto sub question

Shambler

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
6,419
So i have 2 Pioneer IMPP 400W 10's, in a super ghetto, no carpet, slightly leanin box. Hooked up to a no name brand 500w amp. This setup served me well in a 1989 Integra hatch. Faced them puppies towards the rear window and BOOM, super ghetto blast on the cheap. They also served me quite well in my 1995 Periwinkle (stock color) Dodge Caravan... same deal, faced them towards the rear, BOOMIN!.

Currently they are in my 2001 Civic coupe, and are kinda crappy, make my license plate rattle a bit, and then the amp connection got corroded and started sucking the juice out of my batt (not a car audio dude, so I may be wrong).

Wow, long story short: How can I hook my ghetto blast up to my PC? It would be funny as hell if it works!

I'm talkin Phil Collins and Megadeth, maybe even some Bun B on blast from Winamp!!!
 
No love for the sub?
I need some garbly, fart sounding bass to go with my Swan M10's :D
 
To use the speakers on a PC, plug them into a suitable (powerful enough for you) hifi amp, job done.
 
Here's the super-ghetto way (I've done this) to pull it off.

Use your amp that is hooked up now from your car. Use any working pre-amp output to include the head phone jack. Use that as your input signal.
Now for the weenie. You will either need a monstrously large power supply OR.... bring in the nearest large (I prefered deep cycle) car battery to power the amp and BOOM Away!!!!

Ok, yes I know that this is not the safest, nor will i accept any responsibility if you try it, but it will work. For an hour or two anyway. Then ya gonna need a fresh battery.

Ahh yes..... a little alcohol, a little spring break, a hole lot of bass.......... Those were the days! :cool:
 
Back
Top