ghetto modding is...

RedneckAU

n00b
Cutting out fan grills with a pair of wire cutters. My new antec case came with those cheesy stamped grilles and after running my system for a few minutes i decided that were making too much wind noise. The problem was i was at my apartment and the only tool at hand was a pair of wire cutters. The front grill was easy compared to the back, which involved bending and twisting the metal till it finally gave way. End result- quieter case, a dull wire cutter, a raw spot on my hand and the realization a dremel would have been a worthwhile investment.

i 100% agree with cutting those swiss cheese holes for fan intake

they make so much noise... good to hear that u were able to do it with only wire cutters... how is the finish?

Finish? what finish? its got sharp metal around the edges although just sharp enough to hurt, not cut you

I agree 100%

Computer%207.jpg

bio, I would recommend you do the same thing to your ps, cuz it would look and sound better as well.

how about making a blow hole out of many drills, i drilled like 100+ holes to make a circle, then used wire cutters to get a "nice" finish... it only costed me about 1 TBSP of blood :D

Originally posted by boardsportsrule
how about making a blow hole out of many drills, i drilled like 100+ holes to make a circle, then used wire cutters to get a "nice" finish... it only costed me about 1 TBSP of blood :D

lmao I'd probably lose a pint if I tried that. Which is why I would have used gloves. :p

LOL i remember attempting the drill-a-buncha-holes method on my xbox jewel...

i need a new xbox case now :(

Originally posted by boardsportsrule

is'nt that the slow way of cutting blow holes

VERY slow and it looks teriible... i got it down to using a jigsaw and now i only loose a littel blood...

Back